Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Collins to the Saints ???

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Kerry's destination? Wouldn't it be funny if the San Diego Chargers made a pitch for Giants starter Kerry Collins? He would be an upgrade over Drew Brees and Doug Flutie. But the teams probably considering Collins are the Baltimore Ravens ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
1000 Posts +

Kerry's destination?

Wouldn't it be funny if the San Diego Chargers made a pitch for Giants starter Kerry Collins? He would be an upgrade over Drew Brees and Doug Flutie. But the teams probably considering Collins are the Baltimore Ravens (where ex-coach Jim Fassel is a consultant), Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints. All four teams could use a quality veteran based on the shaky predicament of their current youngsters.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2357732

[Edited on 29/4/2004 by saintz08]
Old 04-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #2
5000 POSTS! +

Brooks, Bouman (the guy Haslett originally wanted as the starter), O\'Sullivan (who looks pretty damn good to me in NFLE), and now Collins? Right, it makes sense. Why not? Glaring needs at LB and CB, let\'s pick up a WR, where we already have 7 capable players, a DE, where we already had 4 capable players, and a QB, where we already have 3 capable players. Seems like Saints strategy to me alright.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

He wasn\'t so good the first time we had the guy, can\'t figure on us taking him back now.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #4
100th Post

He wasn\'t so good the first time we had the guy, can\'t figure on us taking him back now.
hmmm. thats an unfair statement, I mean i agree it would be a waste of our time to bring him back but when he was here the team was in choas.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
Registered

right chuck..the team was nuts then and he was going through some problems with drinking or pills or whatever..but he got over it and..didnt he bring the giants to a superbowl after that??
and whodat..yeah we need a corner but where did you want them to get a corner from?!?and dont say chris gamble cause his last name says it all..watch where this guy is in a few years
Old 04-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #6
5000 POSTS! +

Oh gee, I dunno - any of the 10 high caliber players in free agency. A trade up for a top corner in the draft, a trade for a guy who actually starts at his position on another team... crazy I know.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:40 PM   #7
Registered

what 10 players are you talking about that are really worth more than what we already have and trade up?!?i think we tried to trade up but couldnt do so...and as far as trade another team..dude..its only the end of april..give em a chance to do somethin?!?watch youll see..we will make some moves..thats the problem with us saints fans..we want somethin done and we want it done right now!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
500th Post

I think someone said it in another post that we Saints fans don\'t know how to do anything other than nitpick...lol. It\'s true. I\'m as guilty of it as anyone else. I have been a casual fan of the Saints for 18 years, diehard fan for 11. I can\'t remember being as optimistic as I am right now(except maybe after the 2000 season), especially if we can get a good free agent corner.

I wouldn\'t mind seeing Collins again, but it looks like he\'s headed to the big D.
Closed Thread